AN EDUCATIONAL AND SOCIAL EVENT FOR THE SPECIFIC CARBOHYDRATE DIET™
WHAT TO EXPECT
The two-day SCDROCKS Conference is a forum for learning and exchanging information about the Specific Carbohydrate Diet™ (SCD™) with others following the diet, those supporting people on the diet, healthcare professionals who prescribe SCD to their patients, and scientists and clinicians who are advancing research on SCD. Numerous national clinical studies are being conducted to learn more about why SCD works. We’ll present the absolute newest findings at SCDROCKS.
Here’s what you can expect when you attend this important event:
- Presentations on the latest scientific findings about SCD from prominent experts in the fields of pediatric gastroenterology, adult gastroenterology and nutrition.
- Presentations by physicians who prescribe SCD for their patients
- Presentations providing practical advice for following SCD and supporting those on SCD; topics to include meal preparation, emotional support, talking to your doctor
- The opportunity to ask your questions of the experts and SCDers in attendance, in interactive Q&A sessions and informal social time
- The chance to meet veteran and newbie SCD followers and hear their stories
- Exhibits by vendors of SCD legal foods and related items, many of whom provide free samples and discount cards
- Advice from SCD vendors about how to start your own SCD-related business
- SCD meals, if you choose that option when you register
- Access to video footage of conference highlights following the event.
Kids Program (for children with GI conditions and/or Autism)
- Child-appropriate presentations about SCD.
- Indoor activities
- Outdoor activities
- The chance to meet other children like them, and hear their stories
- SCD meals, if you choose that option when you register.